Monday, October 31, 2011

The Roller Coaster Ride of Life

I feel like life is a crazy roller coaster these days.  From great heights to distant lows in a matter of seconds.  This morning I received a call that my friend Mark Conway was rushed to the hospital and within an hour of that call I was told he was gone.  This was the second Monday in a row that I lost a good friend.  Still excited about some things that happened in my life on Sunday, Monday was promising to be a pretty good day and then in a matter of seconds I felt a great sorrow and sadness on behalf of my brothers and sisters at Zion Baptist Church in Brownsville, TN and especially for Mark's wife Lisa and their 4 children. 

It's a times like the past two Mondays that I am vividly reminded of the reality and hope of my faith.  In fact, if I were forced to boil the hope and message of my faith down to one word it would have to be ADOPTION.  That's right, the Christian faith is all about God's relentless pursuit and calling of sinners (of which I am one) into a saving relationship with Himself.  Adoption is the word that reminds me that though I once was an enemy of God, I now enjoy the favored status of a son.

Thank you God for Adopting me and calling me by Your name.

Please pray with me for Lisa Conway and her children as well as Zion Baptist Church.  May they experience and find strength in the sufficient grace and mercy of God in this time of sadness and heartache.

No comments:

Post a Comment